Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Assignment 5: Creative Controls - Motion





Freeze Action: This photo was taken down at Chapman Elementary school in the tennis courts. We were playing with a soccer ball, and as my friend jumped up to hit the ball I captured a photo of him in mid air. To take this photo I used a very fast shutter speed.



Panning: This is a photo I took of my brother in our backyard on our porch. To capture the panning effect I used a low shutter speed, and as my brother walked across the porch I slowly moved my camera with him.



Camera Shake: This is a photo of flowers in my backyard. To capture this image I used a low shutter speed, and as I pressed down on the shutter button, I quickly moved away from the flowers. By doing this, the center of the image is more focused while the outer edges are blurred and look shaky.



Slow Motion: This is a photo of a disco ball and my brother in the background. To capture this photo I turned the light off in the room in order for the light in the disco ball to stand out. By using a low shutter speed, as the disco ball spun around, the camera captured the motion of the ball turning. Because the shutter speed was so slow, I placed my camera on a tripod in order to get no human shake.



Slow Motion: This is another photo of my brother, who was doing cartwheels and handstands in our backyard. To create this photo, I used a low shutter speed and took multiple images of my brother doing tricks in the same spot. I then took three of the photos and blended them together to create a layering effect.



Total Motion: This photo was taken down at Chapman Elementary School as well. It is a  image of my friend riding their bike, and as they were moving, I slowly moved the camera, using a low shutter speed, so the final product then had total motion.

No comments:

Post a Comment